I had my half way visit last Wednesday. My weight was 54kg and my sats were sitting at 93-94% so not great all in all really. A healthy persons sats should be 100% I think, its your blood saturation levels and I think below 90% is seen as a problem. I'm not an expert but I'm guessing from the things I have picked up along the way, feel free to correct me! Mine are usually 96-97%, so although they are not really low at the moment, they are lowish for me and even the nurse commented they were below my average.
I had my port needle changed, its much better now I have these new dressings, there are still a few nasty bits but overall its better. It is starting to slightly itch now after almost two weeks and driving me a tiny bit crazy but nothing compared to how it used to be. For some reason my port will not bleed back anymore which is rather annoying as most bloods can be taken from it, if it doesn't bleed back they have to try my hand and arms everytime which is not an easy task, my veins are rubbish, they are all tiny and squiggly from so much use!
I also had my tob levels done again which can't be taken from my port anyway, it was rather painful, the vein kept moving and she was wiggling the needle about in my hand, I don't like it when they do that! I had two nice bruises on my hand but they have nearly gone now.
I've not really been upto much because I've been feeling so rubbish, I did start to feel abit better at one point but seem to have gone downhill again. I feel so tired all the time and I'm just doing all the motions each day such as getting ready, eating etc but I don't really feel like me and I'm not all there. I started coughing up blood yesterday, at first it was bright red but now its more streaky in my sputum. The left of my chest also felt like it popped on Saturday, it was very weird and scared the hell out of me but it feels OK, I do keep getting pains at the bottom of my chest though. My chest feels all rattly (if that's a word!) and when I lie down I can hear it crackling and wheezing. The IVs also seem to be drying my eyes out and making them water alot so the skin around my eyes is sore and when they water it stings! I think it's something to do with all this weird crusty, sleep stuff that develops all around my eyes when I sleep so that when I wake in the morning I have to put some effort in to open them! I look amazing when I first wake up........
Anyway I am having an extra week of IVs, I have requested to come off the meropenem and try a different antibiotic. I am going to the hospital on Wednesday for another check up and get my needle changed. Can't believe I have requested another week of IVs! I'm really fed up to be honest and I feel like everyone expects me to get on with everything even though I feel like poorly, is poorly the right word? I don't think poorly sums it up really, poorly is when you have a bad cold or something that comes and goes. Anyway you know what I mean! I feel like I should be starting my Christmas shopping, but the though of having to walk around a shopping centre fills me with dread. I know I'll be walking around like a zombie and be tired after about 10 minutes!
My dad has bought a puppy! He is called Ruben, is a chihuahua and he's about 4 months old. Alfie hasn't met him yet, it could take several meetings before they get on as Alfie doesn't like other dogs, hopefully because Ruben is smaller Alfie might be nicer to him however we shall see! I didn't realise how grown up Alfie is now, until I saw Ruben bouncing around all young and clumsy!! This isn't a very good picture of him however he didn't stay still for me to get a better one!

3 comments:
Try not to worry about your sats, they will come up. Healthy people have between 97 and 100. Think of how great you'll feel for Xmas once the three weeks are up. Take care and rest up.
Internet shopping!! That's what I do, I really can't face all the walking!!
i agree with vic - i have relied on internet shopping :) hope u get better soon gem and ruben is soooo cute!! xx
Post a Comment