Yesterday we tried to introduce Ruben and Alfie to one another. It was going well at first, they were sniffing each other and I thought we might actually be on to something. Then Alfie had to ruin it by trying to basically attack a poor puppy, Ruben then started barking back (a very cute bark) which set Alfie off even more and in about 30 seconds Ruben was Alfie's worst enemy. Alfie was making all these weird whining noises like he was really scared but he wanted to get close to Ruben at the same time, as long as Ruben doesn't look at him it seems everything is ok.... ok so how is that going to work exactly? Eventually my dad sat Ruben on his lap and I gave Alfie treats everytime he got abit closer to Ruben without barking, he got really close and was sniffing Ruben but as soon as Ruben looked at him he was growling again. Ruben was abit scared but overall he was pretty chilled out, I think all he wanted to do was play with Alfie! So that is round one over and done with. I think I am going to try walk them together, because then they will be concentrating on other things and not each other and will learn are not a threat to one another. Here's hoping anyway! Who knew that dogs could be such hard work?!
We took Pete's parents and my mum to look at the bungalow we like and have come to the conclusion it needs quite a few things doing to it and is definitely not worth the asking price. So I think we might put a much lower offer in and see what the owner says, it needs new windows etc which obviously would cost quite abit of money and once we start paying a mortgage we are not going to have much money left over for anything else. There were these two massive fluffy cats in the bedroom, I've never seen anything like them before! About three times the size of Alfie! If we move in there and they keep coming back (cats sometimes do that) Alfie is going to have to be careful!
I'm starting to feel better in myself but I can't say my chest is and neither my appetite. I've been told to try have two skandishakes a day but it's not happening, I'm having one for breakfast (since I don't seem to like cereal anymore) and the taste seems to linger in my mouth all day so the thought of having another makes me feel sick! Is it wrong that I actually like having a bit less weight on me? It's like I know it's wrong, however I have been brainwashed by society that it looks better. Apparently my bmi is just under 20 now and they like cf patients to have a bmi of 21-22, so it's not like I'm underweight or anything, it's just that they like cf patients to have abit of meat on them.
This voriconazole is definitely messing with my head or something, last night I woke up after having another weird dream which I can't remember and I was soaked in sweat. The bed was wet, my pillow was wet and all my hair was stuck to my face. We are using an electric blanket now its colder on a night so I turned that off but it's never made me sweat like that before! The night before last I had some freaky dream that I had a baby and was letting Pete's mum adopt it and then I broke into the hospital and stole the baby back! Weird!
Monday, 7 December 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Maybe Alfie knows something you don't?!?!
Sorry to hear that the dreams are still happening and keep up with the scadies ur already looking better xxx
Have you tried the build up drinks you can buy in Boots? I like those much better than scandishakes as they taste more like flavoured milk (strawberry one is nice). You have to buy them but might be worth a try.xx
Post a Comment