Sunday, 20 December 2009

Eskimo Alfie!

Alfie and I went for a nice walk on Friday in the snow, Alfie got to wear his new waterproof, snuggley puffer jacket. Here he is modelling it before our walk

Here we are on the walk, the coat held up well! Alfie didnt get all wet and miserable, and we walked for about 20-25 minutes. Amazingly I hardly coughed, sometimes I think its gets so cold you daren't breathe in heavily enough to do a cough and once you start you can't stop so best to try not cough in the first place!



On Friday at about 4.30pm I attempted to drive around to the estate agents to drop a few things off, however couldn't get my car out of its spot due to the ice. So I had to walk to the estate agents (this walk DID involve alot of coughing even though it about a 10 minute walk in total), I was not impressed! I then called my brother and got him to take me in his car to find some grit. It took me forever to get a spade out of the shed, I was coughing everywhere and all the stupid boxes for the Christmas decorations fell on me because a certain husband of mine had not packed them in properly! Anyway in the end we got 3 buckets worth from a grit box and my brother kindly put 2 buckets worth on the ground so my car won't get stuck again. I have 1 bucket saved in my flat for future emergencies!

On Saturday night Pete and I went for a meal with the same brother and his girlfriend. I already know his girlfriend, we went to university together and they met at out wedding! Just call Pete and I cupid! It was weird at first because my brother is my little brother (he's 19) and my friend is the same age as me and it is always going to be weird your friend dating your brother... However I have gotten used to the idea now and we had a good time last night so alls good. We saw Avatar, what a fantastic film. You must go see it! Make sure you see it in 3D, it's just amazing!

Now onto the cf stuff.... yawn!
These skandishakes are messing with my system and by system I mean my digestion and toilet habits. I have constipation and are taking 2 movicols a day, theres abit of movement but not much. I have also been taking peppermint oil tablets as I think I had trapped wind, I kept getting spasms at the bottom of my chest and feeling bloated, it seems to have stopped but I am still taking them to make sure it doesn't return.

Now I thought I must be getting constipation because I wasn't taking enough enzymes with the skandishakes, so I started taking 4 instead of 3. But it seems to be getting worse and my mum said that she thought taking too many enzymes can dry out your bowls. So now I think I may have been taking too many. However I am not having anymore skandishakes until clinic tomorrow as I need to discuss this with my dietitian, I do not want to be feeling sick and bloated over Christmas!

I am also still getting the dizzy, light headed spells everyday and I can't find my blood sugar reader thing to see if its low blood sugars or the voriconazole causing it. I think it's the voriconazole as eating when I feel like this does not seem to help. However I have been having a skandishake every morning and its about lunchtime I tend to get this funny feeling, for about 2-3 hours. So it could be a sugary skandishake making my bloods go low a few hours later or my morning dose of voriconazole making me feel funny (which is a listed side effect).

Who knew so many problems could be caused by some high calorie shakes and a tablet?!

3 comments:

Jac said...

scandishakes make my bloods go sky high so you might be right about the hypo coming at lunch time. could try having some longer lasting carbs with it? cereal bar or something?

loving Alfies jacket!!!

Woody said...

Maybe mix the skandishake in with some porridge then you get a mixture of the high GI and the low GI?

Katie said...

Oh my god Alfie looks so cute in his little coat! Make sure you don't start overdosing on creon hun! I think you're mum maybe right - certainly effected me that way!