The estate agents are pi$sing us off already. We have put an offer in for the bungalow and is has been accepted (yeay!), we have a 25% deposit so are ideal first time buyers. The estate agents told us we have to see their mortgage advisor so he can check we can actually get a mortgage for the amount we need. We went to see him last night and as soon as he found out that my income was solely benefits he turned all negative and less helpful, saying he'd look into it tomorrow and give us a ring, we were in and out of there in 15 minutes! It was quite clear what his attitude was. We already know that some banks will not accept benefits however we have already seen lloyds tsb who will include benefits and also an independent mortgage advisor who found loads of banks that will accept benefits. However according to the guy we saw last night, there are none that will accept and so only Pete's income can be considered which means we can't get the mortgage we require. Some mortgage advisor he is! Pete told him that was not true and we are going to take in the mortgage certificate lloyds tsb have given us and then go back to see the other mortgage advisor who was much more helpful hence why he has won an award!
Friday, 18 December 2009
Festive Fun
Well Christmas is officially here, it's snowing!
I went on a Christmas night out last night, its the first time I've been out in quite awhile. I noticed that when i was dancing I was very aware of my heavy breathing to keep going, I didn't have to stop or anything but couldn't dance as energetic as I wanted to. It makes me sad to think that's how it will be from now on when I go out, however hopefully my lung function can get back up and I can dance the night away again! Here are a few pictures


The best part of my week? I finished all my Christmas shopping on Monday so I can lay back and enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
would you maybe get the mortgage if your parents (or peats) could act as guarantors? This is how I got my first mortgage as I was a student and could only use DLA to pay the mortgage. x
The thing is, we dont need them to be guarantors. Its all because this guy reckons my benefits can't be classed as a wage and we can only get 4x Petes salary. Once we see the other mortgage advisor he should be able to give us an 'agreement in principle' and then we will be fine, hopefully...!
Post a Comment