Thursday, 25 March 2010

Vitamin K

I'm sure everyone has been having problems getting Vitamin K, well this is why (if your hospital hasn't already told you)...
Konakion (Phytomenadione) which is the vitamin K preparation that people with CF need to have (something to do with we can't absorb other ones) has been discontinued, which was really nice of them to do.
An alternative preparation available that we can have is available from Denmark called Menadion. They are licensed in Denmark but not the UK, however pharmacy's can import them through a company. It takes upto 3 weeks for them to arrive (according to the letter I have), which in it's self is going to be a pain. I have a nice letter to give to my pharmacy and I attached one to my repeat prescription request when I handed it in on Tuesday.
If anyone needs the number of this company to import the Menadion let me know and I'll give it to you! If this small change in my prescription runs smoothly it will not be short of a miracle! I'm sure the prescription clerk already thinks I am dodgy so this will probably increase her suspicion.

In other news, we have finally been referred to the IVF clinic regarding surrogacy, I have no idea how long before we hear from them, but at least we are getting somewhere.

Other good news is, that yesterday in the Budget it was announced that all first time buyers, buying a house under £250,000 will be exempt from stamp duty from midnight last night. Guess whose purchase should be getting completed next week? That would be us, wahoo! So we don't have to pay stamp duty, good news or what?!

2 comments:

Tori said...

The hospital have been giving me VitK for the last few months.

Woohoo on the stamp duty thing :) xx

Rick said...

Flipin ek, talk about good timing how often does that happen!