Wednesday, 5 May 2010

Housewarming Party

The house party went well on Sunday. I cooked a chicken curry, some saag aloo and creamy garlic mushrooms for the buffet to go alongside the cold stuff, was quite proud of myself!

About 18 people came in total which was plenty and I didn't get too stressed so all was good! I ended up going to bed before all the guests had left, I'd been drinking since 4pm so by half 12 I was ready for bed!

I missed my afternoon physio, I just couldn't figure out how I was going to do it. I really don't think doing physio when drunk is a good idea, it's a recipe for being sick! I still did all my nebs though, not bothered about doing those infront of people.

Had a big argument with Pete the day after. For some reason he seems to think he can sit and watch TV whilst I tidy up, then have a big tantrum when I make him tidy up as well! Lets just say two wine glasses were broken because of him storming around like a spoilt brat...! Anyway we have made up now so it's ok.

Pete still has his cough, he is supposed to be booking an appointment at the GP's but never seems to get around to it. I'm getting pretty annoyed to be honest, I don't want to catch what he has! Infact we have all been in the wars lately, Alfie managed to catch a claw on something and rip it too low down (dogs have a vein in their claws), the ripped claw was dangling off so I had to attempt to cut it off fully. It was like an operation! I cleaned the nail clippers with a steret and Pete had to hold his leg, then I had to have a very steady hand as it was so close to his foot, I didn't want to cut his skin. Once removed we bathed it in some salt water and I have been spraying antiseptic wash on it to try stop it getting infected, doesn't help when he keeps licking it off though! Hopefully it should be OK now.

I have being doing my voluntary work today, I'm in the process of setting up a blog for them (http://awakementoringservice.blogspot.com). Just call me the blog lady! I also picked up my prescription from the GP's, can you believe my mum found out that repeat prescription requests can be emailed to the GP's rather than dropped off?! Why have they never told me this before!!!! Now I only have to make one trip to the GP's to collect the prescription rather than two trips, one to drop the request off then another in two days to collect it. Madness!!

Here are some pictures from our housewarming party

4 comments:

Tori said...

I just call my pharmacy to order repeat prescriptions :)

Ruth Jay said...

Can you not order online and then have it sent straight to your pharmacy? I order mine through my GP's website and then opt for it to be sent to my pharmacy and collect it there.

Glad you enjoyed the party :) x

Gem said...

That's really fancy of your drs! haha! I have to ring, reel off the list of everything I want and then they ask whether I want to pick it up from there or for them to send it to the chemist... Glad you had a good party though! :) X

Rick said...

Will you post a link to your charity blog?