Wednesday, 27 October 2010

Random Events

I went out on Saturday and had a really good night, I'm very sensible on nights out and take a coat and scarf with me when it starts to get cold. You will notice alot of girls are not so sensible, apparently it is a northern thing but I don't know really.

Something random happened that night when I went to sleep. I woke up the next morning and saw Alfie's collar was on my bedside table. Alfie had slept in the bed with us that night as a treat but I have no recollection of taking off his collar! I know I had alot to drink but I don't do weird stuff when I'm drunk and I certainly don't forget things that I do, do! So I think I must have removed it in my sleep! Or Pete removed it and is playing with my mind! I asked Alfie what happened but he is staying quiet on the matter...

It gets more random...

Sunday my face was hurting and I just assumed it was due to dry skin from drinking too much. However on Monday my nose really started to hurt, not the nostrils but the actual bone and by Tuesday I had a small swollen area and it was very painful. I was finding it difficult to do my physio as the pep mask hurt when it pressed on my nose and my nose also hurt when I coughed! So today I went to the GP's thinking I would be informed I must have punched myself in my sleep (I wouldn't be surprised after the collar incident). But the GP thinks I have the start of an infection, he said it looked red and felt hot. So he has put me on a weeks worth of flucloxacillin to help calm it. How random is that?! He has no idea what has caused it and neither do I really! The only thing I can think of, is that I could have used water by mistake that hadn't been boiled when I did one of my sinus rinses at the weekend!

The good news is that I still don't have diabetes, my glucose tolerance test came back fine. So that's a relief like it is every year!

1 comment:

Rick said...

I'm trying to think of a funny story involving a dog collar and a punch. Got me though I'm as baffled as you.