Wednesday, 6 October 2010

Treatment Regime

I'm feeling better this week although I'm still having problems sleeping. I don't know what it is really but I'm having crazy dreams and waking up every 1-2 hours and every time I wake up I have to go to the toilet, that's just a thing with me, if I wake up, must make a visit to the bathroom. I don't know if I wake up because I need the toilet or its some compulsive thing I have! Anyway.... I'm still sweating but not because I'm warm and I can hear weird noises in my chest which isn't helped by the fact I have to use ear earplugs. I didn't wake up until 12 on Sunday and then it's been about 9.30 the other days, I have to be careful though because you can fall into a pattern of getting up late all the time and end up going to bed late, then before you know it your whole sleeping pattern is messed up!

I went to Yoga this Monday as usual and I didn't struggle as much this week, so maybe this is a sign my chest is slightly better? Or the class was easy, who knows! I really need to get back into swimming, I didn't go last week as I didn't feel up to it but I'm determined to go tomorrow, no excuses! If I don't go, tell me off!

I've altered my physio/neb regime as for the past few weeks it's hasn't been working for me. I usually do my saline before my evening physio, then my pulmozyme after, then tobi before I go to bed. However sometimes I don't do my physio until 9pm, then the pulmozyme is afterwards so say 9.30pm, which means then I can't do my tobi until after 10.30pm as there has to be at least an hours gap. Well we usually go to bed about 10-10.30pm so it was causing problems! Also if I do my physio too early in the evening I find my chest is full again by the time I go to bed, so doing it later is better.
So instead I am now doing my pulmozyme at about 6-7pm then my saline and physio an hour later or more later (you have to leave an hour after doing pulmozyme before you can do physio to let it work), then I can do my tobi straight after my physio. So now my physio regime is like this:

AM
(whatever time I get up) Saline then physio then tobi

PM
6-7pm Pulmozyme
8-9pm Saline then physio then tobi

I swear it is seriously starting to feel like a military regime, there is so much stuff to do and think about. The good thing about this new regime is that is gets everything out of the way if I'm going out somewhere, like on Saturday with my old regime I would have had to do my Tobi neb when I got in from my night out. But this way I got it all done before I went out as I did it at around 5-6pm, I don't know why I've never done it before really!

1 comment:

Woody said...

I hate the regime! For the last few weeks I was doing a tobi trial. My misses would anounce at 10 that she was going to bed, and I'd be like doh! because I knew I had to do the tobi neb and I'd be up for another half an hour before joining her...

Hope your sleeping patterns sort themselves out soon