Saturday was X factor night, and all I have to say on that matter is it's some kind of fix to keep Danni's group in! I can't believe Daniel and Rachel are still in and Laura isn't, something is not quite right there...
Today is remembrance Sunday and I just managed to watch the last parts of the service (didn't wake up till 10.30am and then stayed in bed for ages). I don't know much about the wars etc. But I am very grateful for all those who have fought in them and i'm glad this day is dedicated to them. I don't think people like myself would be around if it wasn't for their bravery and for that I am will be grateful forever. I love the service, seeing the Queen, the clergy, choir etc and the music and marching, its all traditional and it's stuff like that, that makes England great!
I'm feeling really happy at the moment and positive, i'm so ungrateful sometimes for the life I have. My life is great, my family are great, my friends are great, and i'm just feeling great! yeay!
Sunday, 9 November 2008
Best 4 years of my life!!
Well on Friday Pete and I had been together 4 years and what a great 4 years it has been (I love you lots Pete and can't wait to marry you xx). Pete had the day off work so we went to York, I love York because it's all historic and I just love it! There are little sweet shops and cobbled streets and castles!!


It took us ages to find somewhere to park as I wanted to be close to the town centre for obvious reasons, yet I didn't want to pay loads for parking as i'm tight with my money. We ended up going into the shopping centres car park where I spoke to a very rude carpark man. He was in a little office and I got out of the car, the conversation went like this:
Me: 'hello, could I park in one of these spaces?' (pointing to some coned off spaces which I thought were disabled spaces)
'no'
'oh right...erm why?'
'because they are not disabled spaces, they are shopmobility spaces' (he said this in a very sarcastic tone, almost laughing at me)
'oh, where are the disabled spaces then?'
'there' (points to about 8 spaces that are all taken)
'oh well they are all taken'
'-' (no response)
'well thanks for all your help' (me in a sarcastic tone)
So we parked in a normal space and put my sticker out (as parking was free for 5 hours with a sticker). The only reason I wanted to park in a disabled space was because i've heard of people been given a ticket for parking in the 'wrong' space with their disabled sticker! Whats shopmobility anyway?
Anyway, after receiving a lovely 'warm' welcome by the guy, I still managed to have a really great day, we went for lunch in a restaurant over looking the river, then went to the York dungeons where I got picked on by the actors. The supposed plague doctor asked me if i had a cough, I told him I had the plague so to keep away. He said 'ok no need to be smart funny hair girl' (!!!). He then make me sit behind a curtain and pretended to knock the plague out of me with a hammer. I then had to stand in the docks and be accused of witchcraft. At one point we were sat in the dark and someone was going around poking us, it was well scary!
We then walked to see York Minster and then had a coffee in Starbucks (I love their white chocolate Mocha) then headed home. It was a great day, heres some pictures
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
:-) 4 years!! that's awesome! Looks like you had a good day in York too. I have no idea what shopmobility is? madness.
Don't get me started on the x-factor....what a sham. People keeping in sob stories who can't sing over talent. Awful. We can look forward to another talentless performance by daniel and a shouty session from rachel next week then. argh. I think simon and louie tactically voted her out, although i do think ruth's rendition of knockin on heaven's door was good.
xxxx
I'm sooo picky I go out with a guy and then find a reason not to see them again. I'm a bit like Chandler in friends not going out with the girl because her heads to big :)
Your really lucky to have Pete he sounds like a good guy!
I think shopmobility is when you call up and pre-book a space if your disbaled, I could be completely wrong though.
Happy Anniversary! Here's to many more :) xx
Happy belated anniversary!
And as for X -factor...totally messed up this year! Who on earth is voting??
jac x
Happy Anniversary! my misses and I met on a drunken night on Christams Eve so that always helps me to remember. We got married around about four years after we met as well, must be the ideal time...
(I was going to start ranting about the first world war but this is a happy post so I think I should save it for the pub and subject/bore my mates with it instead ;-))
Happy anniversary hun! I'm glad you had a lovely day and its great to see you feeling a bit happier :)
I think me and tori should start a group for people who are too picky when it comes to guys ;) !
Xx
Happy anniversary - looks like you had a great day in York. I watched x factor in disbelief! was rachael even in tune?? x
I wish my life was as interesting as the Sex and the City girls!!!
Post a Comment