Wednesday, 5 November 2008

Thank you my fluffy friends!!

Dear Guinness
I really miss you and I hope your enjoying yourself up in cat heaven, or normal heaven (not sure where cats go). Anyway I wanted to thank you for been a wonderful pet all those years, I never knew you as a kitten because I was only a baby myself, but we grew up together and you were my best friend. I miss your purr, stroking you when i'm sad and pouring my heart out to you, I think you have probably seen the true me more than anyone! It was weird when you died last year and I had to sleep by myself every night. I'm sorry I was in hospital when you became ill, I wasn't there to look after you, after all those years you kept me company when I was poorly and when you needed me I wasn't there. I'm sorry that when I finally came out of hospital I made you suffer for a few more days, I needed to say goodbye, I hoped you would die in your sleep so I wouldn't have to make that decision, but you kept going and I couldn't stand it anymore. I didn't want you to go, afterall, apart from my parents i've known you longer than anyone else. I think you knew it was time though and I didn't want you to suffer anymore so I let you go, soon after you died, I finished univeristy and moved in with Pete, you'd seen me become an adult, maybe that was your job to be with me whist I grew up, I don't know. I always used to joke that you would live longer than me!
You had a huge impact on my life and I never forget you, you never judged me and comforted me in your own sweet way
Love you xx


Dear Alfie

I want to thank you for saving me. When I lost Guinness there was a part of my life missing, then a few months later my mum and dad came home with a tiny little puppy in their arms. It was your best buddy Murphy! My mum said it was good to see me with a pet again and Murphy was great. I had someone to keep me company again and to look after. Then I moved out and I was by myself again. I didn't like it, Pete said it was too soon to get a Pet but I didn't care, so I brought you home, you were tiny, really fluffy and a little fatty! You filled that gap again, you stopped me feeling lonely and gave me a purpose. I have you to look after and you need walking and playing with. I love it when Pete brings you in to bed on a morning and we snuggle up together, I love that when I come home your so excited to see me your whole bum wags, not just your tail! I love it when you just look at me with your big eyes and when you lie in my lap like a little baby. Your so cheeky and naughty as times, but it entertains me. Your totally different to Guinness, to be honest I think Guinness would of hated you. I think you need to be looked after, whereas it was the other way around with Guinness, he looked out for me. But thats fine, i'm all grown up now and need someone to need me! So thanks Alfie, you little star! Love you too xx


You should never underestimate what pets can do!

3 comments:

Jo said...

awww gemma that's so sweet How old was guiness? she looks like my old cat who we called socks cos he looked like he had socks on lol. cats and dogs are so loving it's unreal.when i'm upset or ill my cat comes and comforts me i ust find stroking him calms me. the same with my dog although he's a bit to big to sit on my lao so he just cuddles up beside me. but i totally get what you mean about animals and my dogs bum wags to lol it's funny xx

Jac said...

I really missed my old dog when she died - they really are like part of the family. Seb is definitely like my baby!! I don't know what I would do without him :-)
jac x

Woody said...

Awww, Guiness looks like one of my two long suffering cats (I dragged them around Manchester as they moved house with me about 8 times) called Bobby, because she looked like she had bobby socks on. They were 80s cats, they lived to be about 17 I think. I still miss them as they were both little chatterboxes!