Thursday, 6 November 2008

try chips, cheese and gravy, its yummy!!

I've been busy today so feeling pretty tired, but i'm sure i'll survive..!

Firstly I did my voluntary work, the girl I mentor wanted to get out for abit as she is stuck at home alot, so we went for a walk and took Alfie with us, he was very well behaved. I tried to get the girl I mentor to wear my ear muffs but she wasn't having it, but she accepted my scarf and gloves I had brought for her to wear (im very organised!).

Alfie got very muddy so I had to give him a bath when I came home, he only had one the other day! I also trimmed his tail and bum fur the other day as it gets too long, and when he has a number 2, well you can imagine. So he is all trimmed now. I did try to use my barbering techniques on him, but a dogs back end is not the same as a human head and my scissor and comb technique didn't work very well!

I then cleaned the bathroom as its really mucky, I just keep putting it off as I hate doing it. It makes me get really tired and breathless, but there was mould and stuff growing so I had to do it. Pete had the day off work so he did some mopping, he claimed he was going to clean the bathroom but when I got home he was sat playing on the xbox, and wasn't even properly dressed. He wouldn't do it properly anyway, you've got to scrub the bath really well, thats why it's such hard work!

I then had some chips, cheese and gravy for lunch (don't knock it until you've tried it). Then I had to go to the hospital to get my port flushed. Ports need flushing every 4-6 weeks, they just stick the needle in, flush some hepflush in and take the needle out. This stops the line getting blocked. I was looking through my diary and it suddenly dawned on me I would need a port flush before my next outpatients appointment so I called up yesterday and they said I could come in today. I've got out of the habit of having port flushes because i've been on iv's so much or not had a port. Anyway I was going to go by myself, but I was so tired that I asked Pete to drive me there which he was fine with. I went all red when the nurse put the needle in, it's just nerves. Just cos i've had like a million needles throughout my life, it doesn't mean they don't hurt! I admit I am pretty used to them and don't freak out like your average person, but when it comes to getting a needle put in my port I get really nervous. Normal needles in my hand etc are fine, its just I don't like having my port touched and stuff so i get all nervous. It hurts abit when the needle goes in, like a sting, but then it's fine. The needle is only passing through the skin then going into the port, not like a needle in your arm that is going into your flesh and eventually the bit of skin on the port becomes numb from so many pricks so then its not bad atall, but my port is still quite new so i've not achieved that yet. I also got the prescription for the nose spray I forgot to get last time.

By this time, my small headache I had was growing larger, we got home and I watched Silent Witness on bbc i player (I missed it cos I went to the pub last night and its ace so need to watch it!) then we had to go food shopping (sigh). My head was killing me so we had to make a detour to get some ibuprofen, Pete also kindly bought me a twirl, ah bless him.

Oh by the way I went to see James Bond on Tuesday night and it's quite good! Although I would recommend if you have a weak bladder like me, don't sit on the back row right in the corner when the cinema is packed, also don't sit next to some guy that keeps talking to you.... also make sure you get some popcorn cos it's yummy! Did I ever tell you about when I went to the cinema and some guy exposed himself to me cos I asked him to be quiet? Oh yes it's true, the cineworld in near me is all fun and games!! Never a dull moment!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Hello,

your cinema sounds a little crazy :)

I'm like you, my port is fairly new and the skin isn't quite numb yet! ouch.

Thanks for the luck on the public speaking :) i tell you a bit more about it and my role via msn? i'll leave my email on the forum

Joe said...

you posts make me laugh :)

yes i jumped on the band wagon and got a blogspot thing ha

Lizzie Swims said...

Chips cheese and gravey is great, but for true deliciousness, try chips, cheese and tomato ketchup. This should preferably be consumed at 2am, when drunk, in aberdeen. Very specific i know, but that's the best combination.
xxx

Joe said...

oh actually chips, with melted cheese and brown sauce...
they remind me of college days mostly spent at the pub :D

Tori said...

Is there a way to reply to comments that are left on your blog?

I need something to stop me texting!!!