Wednesday, 20 January 2010

Catching Up

I'm glad the weather is getting slightly warmer, I've taken Alfie for three walks since I last blogged, so getting out more now. Its all muddy because of the melted ice/snow so poor Alfie has to be washed after every walk, which he doesn't enjoy very much! But at least he is getting walked! It was so busy around the lake on Sunday, I guess everyone feels the same, they want to get out of the house, it's like a new found freedom! The lake is still frozen over, all the ducks walk across it showing off. It's so unfair they get to have all the fun!!

I really enjoyed yoga this Monday, maybe I am getting better at it? The hour went really fast and I didn't feel as achy the day after. I might start going with my friend who I met up with today, she is a member at the gym so said she might join me next week if she is not working.

I haven't seen this particular friend for years, we used to be best friends at school, inseparable at one point. Things change though, she went to a different college to me, then university and then went travelling. So I haven't seen her for years! I was quite nervous about meeting her, you never know how people are going to have changed. However as soon as we met up it was like we'd never been apart, I forgot how great she is and was sad to find out she is going away again in March. Anyway we had a good natter for 4 hours and caught up on everything, it's weird how you can not see someone for years and then totally feel comfortable with them again in about 5 minutes! We first met in year 7 in the practise fire assembly as my surname was Harrison and hers is Harris and we had to stand in Alphabetical order, we couldn't decide who should go first! Clearly it was her but at the time it was confusing for some reason! I love catching up with old friends, so had a really nice afternoon.

The mortgage stuff is still getting sorted, I don't know why it takes so long. The estate agents keep calling us trying to move it along but there is not much we can do! We are going to meet the mortgage advisor tomorrow to discuss life insurance etc, should be an interesting conversation since I doubt anyone would want to insure me! I have trouble getting travel insurance, never mind life cover!

1 comment:

Gemma's mum said...

Glad ur enjoying the yoga. That's what happens when u meet up with true friends-like uv Neva been apart.

Alfie loves the bath after just like murphy xxx