I'm starting to do stuff to arrange my hen night and I was thinking how cool would it be if I could invite my friends with cf? Obviously this is never going to happen because if we all met up that would be one day of sharing and not sharing in a good way, but sharing of our nasty bugs! So this has annoyed me that I have made these great friends but I will never get to meet them, maybe one day we will all have had transplants and then maybe we can meet up? I dunno if even that's allowed! Probably not because it is all is so unfair. I think people with cf would definitely not want to come near me at the moment, I am coughing so much, it's so annoying and I'm very breathless when exercising. Had to cut my gym session short yesterday. I have diagnosed the problem myself.... I have cystic fibrosis (hehe). No, I think it's definitely my aspergillus and sceposporium (fungus' on my lungs) again, it's the same as before I was put on the voriconazole to help treat it.
Anyway back to me been annoyed... what annoys me even more is that because I cannot meet up with these people face to face, people do not class them as my proper friends. I spend alot of time on my computer chatting to these people and because I don't actually 'know' them, I need to get a life according to Dr N*bhead (no I'm afraid that's not his real name) and I should spend time with real friends. http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/article.aspx?cp-documentid=14366039&ocid=today
Well I have some news for your Dr N*bhead, not all of us have enough energy to go out all the time, go to work to socialise and not all of us can meet up with our friends. So maybe you should do abit of research and see things from other peoples perspective before you go mouthing off and saying people need to get a life! These are my real friends that sadly I will probably never get to meet, and if it wasn't for facebook I would either not have them as friends or have a very big telephone bill!
Here is a little preview of one of my invites for my hen night so that you ladies who cannot come can appreciate it! :o) Names have been deleted for security purposes ;o)

4 comments:
Well put Gemma, you have a way with words. Good friends are hard to find, I know that only too well
Great invite by the way
You know I agree with you!!
Post transplanted people can meet up by the way, I have been informed of this by the transplant team at Newcastle :) xx
Wow - that invite is very cool!!
Agree with Victoria - post tx people can meet up! You are still meant to avoid other pwcf who are pre-tx in case you infect your new lungs - however you are not a risk to them any more.
xx
i soooooo agree with what you said about mr n*bhead lol.
I love your invite it's funky and different :) as for your hen party all us Cfer's will be there through you hehe. jsut think of victoria drinking wine and dancing and me sitting there drinking coke and bopping to the music lmao :D that's just 2 examples hehe xx
Post a Comment