Outpatients today, didn't go very well.
My weight is up to 57kg which is good, I've basically put Alfie on me somewhere as he weighs 2kg. I knew my weight would be up as I can feel my belly hanging over my trousers :o)
My sats are 97%, my fev1 is 39% which is totally rubbish and I'm so annoyed. I knew it would be down as my exercise tolerance is not very good, I got out of breath walking from the car to outpatients which is about a 2 minute walk, if that! I went to the gym yesterday and was coughing loads. I'm sleeping alot, I'm getting headaches, I'm wheezy, the list is never ending! Anyway, even though I knew it would be down, I was not prepared to be introduced to the 30% range again, i know it's only just in the 30% range but it's still in there and it's a while since I've been there so it's disappointing especially when I've been making a real effort to go swimming and to the gym even when I'm getting so breathless. I feel like I've taken about a million steps back.
So anyway guess what, i am going on home IV's next week and also starting back on the voriconazole. It's going to be a fun week next week! These drugs are going to hit me hard so be ready for some good old moaning and feeling sorry for myself! I'm going on colomycin and meropenem, I'm not going on tobramycin because of the ringing in my ears and I'm having a hearing test next week to check that's all OK.
As for the dressing allergy tests, basically I did not have a reaction to any of them which is very strange. We have determined it could be the needle I'm allergic to as it has a spongy bit on it, or the gauze they use to pad the needle area abit. Therefore I am going to have no gauze and a different needle, a butterfly one apparently. How exciting.....! I do not know which dressing I am going to have, we will decide on the day! The dressing which stayed on the best was opsite so I think overall that has won the most dressing awards, so I may very well pick that one! I swear if my arm goes manky again, it's going to be worse than the actual IV's themselves, it's so itchy and uncomfortable when it goes all crusty!
So it's been a great day overall, 4 weeks and I'm back on IV's. Yippee! I love having cf sooo much it hurts sometimes... I'm been amazingly quite light hearted about this whole thing, especially since I will have to cancel going out in town in 2 weeks which I have been looking forward to for ages!
Friday, 27 February 2009
Boo!!!!
Labels:
going out,
gym,
IVs,
lung function,
outpatients,
port,
sleeping,
voriconazole,
weight
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Sending you loads of doggy hugs(they are better than human ones as they do not answer back). Hope you feel better soon.
K x
Why have you cancelled going out in Leeds?
:-( xxxxxxx
Aww man, that's rubbish! Hope the Voriconazole and IVs sort things out OK
i have the butterfly port needle and i fine them very good, i dont think they stick out as much as the gripper one's. i have padding under the wings of mine so im not sure how your's will feel but i hope it will be fine for you.
good luck with the i.v's and hope you feel better soon xxxx
Post a Comment