Tuesday, 3 February 2009

Snowy Birthday!


For my birthday I went over to see my brother in Hull with my mum, we were not going to let a little bit of snow stop us! I then had a chinese takeaway foe tea because the Indian takeaway was shut! We also had to get it delivered because the car got stuck!

For my birthday I got some clothes from my parents, a new camera from Pete, some pj's (Is it me or are getting new pj's the best thing ever?!), some socks for my ipod (to put it in, not to wear on the ipod's feet...!), money and some earrings. I also got a cake made for me by my Nana which was delivered by my Auntie and Nana.

Pete and I made a snowman last night which we named Reg, unfortunately his head fell off about an hour after we made him. RIP Reg!

I called the hospital today as I've had a ringing in my ear for about 5 days, it also echoes inside my ear when I talk! I called the hospital because tobramycin can affect your ears and make you go deaf so I got abit worried! I was on tobramycin when on my iv's and I've started my tobi nebuliser since I finished my iv's, which is also tobramycin but in a nebulised form. The doctor says the tobi nebs can't cause ear problems as not enough is absorbed and he says some people can get a ringing from tobramycin iv's, I have to call back if it gets worse or I start to feel dizzy. By the way, is it wrong to find one of the doctors quite cute? I'm not naming which one, I don't know who reads this!

I have felt pretty rubbish today, I keep feeling light headed which I think is my blood sugars getting low. Last week the hospital rang to check up on me as when they took my bloods my blood sugars came back as 2.8 which is low so they wanted to check I was OK. I'm going to take them everytime I feel lightheaded (I've got a monitor thingy to prick my finger with) and then tell the dietitian when I see her next. Usually if I have some chocolate I start to feel ok. People with cf can get cf related diabetes, I'm not sure how it is caused but it's different to normal diabetes, it's classed as type 3. We get tested every year with a glucose tolerance test. One of my tests once came back as abnormal but not abnormal enough to be diabetic, I was classed as having impaired glucose tolerance, kind of half way there. So basically my sugars can go abit funny sometimes, however another test 6 months later came back as normal, so I think I'm just weird! I've also been feeling incredibly tired and achy. Sometimes I get sick of feeling ill all the time, why can't I just feel good and have a normal day?! Am I just a wuss who picks up on everything that's wrong with me? I don't remember feeling like this when I was younger, I feel like an ill person, I never used to think I was ill, it's not a nice feeling. It's even worse to know your probably always going to feel like this, most people get ill and then recover, yes I have iv's and feel better, but I never recover properly.

Heres some pictures from my birthday, on my new camera! In the first picture I'm wearing my new coat




8 comments:

Gemma's mum said...

Reg looks great, like the buttons.

arggg dont feel like that about your health we all feel down at this time of year, your just going through a bad batch, you will get on top of it, think more posative and live life to the full. Dont like to see you so quiet, your normally so bubbley, just eat chocolate all the time and keep your sugar levlels up, not everyone can.

xxx

Anonymous said...

I think I know which doctor you find cute! Who wouldn't? Keep your chin up pet. I feel rough a good bit of the time too. especially since gettin aspergillus. I find turning to the old paracetamol helps a lot - just to get you through the times when you feel roough and down.

Anonymous said...

Nice hat!!
Sounds like you had a fantastic birthday, not everybody gets snow on their birthday.
Keep eating the chocolate, most women would do anything to eat as much as you can.

Anonymous said...

Hey Gem
I feel exactly the same as you a few years ago I'd have iv's and feel great but these days it just doesnt work as well!!
I have borderine Diabetes and only need a tiny bit of insulin if at all any and I get low somtimes too, just make sure u eat something sweet if it happens,you'll be fine chin up xxx

Woody said...

Happy Birthday!

I'm well jealous of the snow you got in Yorkshire, it was rubbish on my side of the pennines, no chance of sledging of anything!

Hope you get things sorted with the low blood sugars; I think I'm borderline on the glucose tolerence test but if I snack between meals I'm alright...

Anonymous said...

Which Doctor is it Gem, am i missing something? LOL, i only know of the 3, Conway, Peckham and Whitaker, So i've obviously missed something!

Shirley xXx

Kiz said...

**The doctor says the tobi nebs can't cause ear problems as not enough is absorbed ** Soz Gem but he is wrong. More so, if ur ear problems started while on the IV, and then u moved to neb form, it could still be effecting it.
Google: Nebulised tobramycin side effects for more info though.

Tori said...

I like the coat!!!ou had a nice birthday!!

I know this isn't probably what you want to hear but yeah I agree it's crappy feeling constantly sore and old woman like but you just have you push through it with the help of pain killers. You'll have days where you feel god and days where you feel like shite. You might just be going through a rough patch though like your mum said!! Either way don't loose who you are keep that bubbley and happy personality your mum says you have! xx