Wednesday, 25 March 2009

Awaiting permission

I had my hearing test on Monday, you sit in a room facing the wall with some ear phones on. Then you hear beeping noises of different frequencies and have you have to press a button when you hear them. They become fainter, lower in frequency etc. to see how far you can go I guess and the nurses plots it all on a graph type thing. This is all abit difficult to do when people keep slamming doors outside and walking past!

I will admit at some points I could not tell if there was a noise or if I was just imagining it, but she said to press the button if I heard the faintest noise so I did! She showed me the results and said they were normal so I should be OK to start my tobi nebs again but she would confirm with the doctor and call me tomorrow (Tuesday) as the doctor had gone home by this point.

So Tuesday arrives and it gets to lunchtime and no one has called me, so I call them. I am quite eager to start my tobi nebs to try shift this cough I have before it gets any worse, I was nearly sick yesterday morning from coughing so much which is not normal for me. They said they couldn't find the nurse and would get her to call me back, I also booked my next outpatient appointment whilst on the phone. The doctor had said he wanted to see me in 4 weeks which according to the nurse is the week starting the 27th April, I told her that was 6 weeks. Anyway my appointment is in like 3 weeks now as 4 weeks worked out on the bank holiday Monday. I don't want to leave it too long since my lung function still isn't great and the doctor made it clear he wanted to see me sooner rather than later because of all the treatment I have been on recently, for a start I need liver blood tests because I am on voriconazole.

So anyway, it got to about 3pm and the nurse had still not called me back. So I called again only to be told she was out on home visits! Argh!!! I asked the lady to ask the doctor about my hearing test, apparently the doctor has not been given the results and will get them off the nurse tomorrow and call me tomorrow (which is now today). It's now 11.15am and still no call, I bet I end up having to call them. It is so annoying!! I might do my tobi anyway. I know they are busy and it probably just slips their mind, but it's so frustrating that I have to keep calling, I feel like I'm annoying them and you get someone different answering the phone every time which doesn't help!

3 comments:

Lizzie Swims said...

ug i hate it when you have to constantly call a clinic to find out stuff. You feel like such a pest but you know you have to do it!
Hope they call you back soon!
xxx

Gemma's mum said...

keep at them Gemma, remember its your health and thats what they are there for xxx

Chantelle said...

i hope you get to have them today as it sounds like you need them.
let us know what happenes.
x