Thursday, 19 March 2009

Secret carpark space is not so secret!

I finished my IV's today. My secret carpark space at the hospital was taken! The horror! I had to park on the main road carpark and walk across and I bumped into a certain lady off the cf forums who recently had a transplant so that was nice. Don't worry we were outside and I didn't cough on her!
I had loads of bloods taken for various things, I had to fast from midnight last night for them. My arm is all red and sore but no surprise there, the staff were baffled and at a loss what to do. The doctor called a dermatologist who is going to have a think about what I could do. He did suggest maybe using some really absorbent dressing like what they use on old people's bed sores or something, to absorb the weepiness. Its so bad the gauze was drenched and you could literally squeeze the moisture out of it. They said they will order in whatever they think can help me.
My weight was 56.5kg and my fev1 was 44%. So not great but better than before, the physio said we will see how it goes because sometimes it can improve after the IV's finish, which is true and I do feel like my chest is better. I shall resume my swimming and gym sessions to try bump it back up.
I told them about my side effects and they said my might give me a lower dose of colomycin next time, the nurse thought I had been crying when she saw my puffy eyes. I can't remember if I mentioned my puffy eyes but they basically got really puffy and are really dry.
I didn't have my hearing test again! I am going back on Monday for it. Apparently it was too busy so they didn't have the time and since the room isn't soundproof it can affect the results if loads of people are making noise (banging doors etc.)

I went out for lunch with my dad and had like the best lunch ever. I had Yorkshire puddings for starters (we are in Yorkshire afterall), then a toasted sandwich with chicken and stuffing soaked in gravy with onion rings on the side, then for dessert a jam roly poly pudding with custard. Yes that's right I ate it all! My dad said he doesn't know where I put it.

The project I volunteer for has a newsletter which we can all contribute to and volunteers are responsible for organising it. I asked if I could do a article on cf and have spent the afternoon doing that, plus other various bits and pieces. I'm so glad the sun is making an appearance, it makes you feel so happy!

1 comment:

Gemma's mum said...

How dare someone take your parking space!!!

You need to chase the hearing test if you dont get it on Monday, after all you could be stone deaf by the time they get it right.

Glad your eating well

xxxx