Wednesday, 11 March 2009

Leaking needle?

My port-dressing situation is going better than last time but still not great. I changed the dressing on Tuesday as it looked like there was water trapped underneath, it was very hard to peel the dressing off the needle without pulling it off and I was ekking alot! So I put a fresh dressing on and then on Wednesday I could see yellow water around the needle moving about, so I went through the whole routine again and changed the dressing, giving the area a good clean and getting rid of a few crusty bits. Today it was even worse! There was loads of yellow liquid and my arm around the needle looked all wet so I took the dressing off again and all this yellow stuff dribbled down my arm! I gave it another clean and let it dry fully with some gauze on to absorb any liquid, I then flushed my line with no dressing on to see it the needle was leaking and couldn't see anything. I then discovered I had no dermafilm dressing left so I put some tagaderm on which didn't even stick to my arm properly at the top and was coming off by the time I had, had a bath! So I put some cosmopore E on, this means I can't see what is going on and I think its the best way! I constantly want to mess with it and worry about it. It doesn't feel wet anymore but I haven't had another dose of drugs yet so if it the needle leaking I will find out in about an hour! I imagine it has dried and will revel a nice crusty layer when the nurse comes to change the needle tomorrow. I'm getting pissed off with it, like I said its not as bad as before but its still not nice, its not itching though and I definitely don't think its the dressing as it definitely seems to be based around the needle area. Hopefully it will just be the needle leaking and when I get it changed tomorrow it will be OK


I'm finally starting to get my incapacity benefit, wahoo! I get my mum to call them now as I called them last week to see how it was going and the guy was horrible and said I wasn't going to get anything! So I started crying thinking I was going to have to go back to work and all sorts, did he not realise how much of an impact his response could have on someone?! So my mum called and they said to her it was been processed, why couldn't they be nice to me?! I got a letter saying I qualified and I will get backpayments from February. My mum also asked about permitted work as I would like to work a few hours a week just to do something and they said as long as I don't earn over £20 a week it's OK. They are sending me some information and a form to fill in.

Today I went for a walk with my mum, Nana, Nana's husband and the pooches. I then went to the gym and did 11 minutes on the bike and 16 minutes on the treadmill, the most I have done, yippee!! Here is me wearing my super cool new tshirt for at the gym

3 comments:

Gemma's mum said...

fantastic tee shirt, wear it all the time at the gym, you look so cool, can I have one please xxx

Tori said...

Your not having much fun with needles are you!!

Cheeky git did your mum compain about him when she called? You should have taken his name and reported him.

Nice top I'll need to get mine soon.

Woody said...

That guy sounds like a complete bell-end! He obviously didn't know what he was talking about and yet still saw fit to tell you you wasn't going to get anything, I'm sure a little bit of power goes to some people's heads! Or maybe he's compensating for something ;-)

Glad that the gym is going well so at least the ivs should be worth all the needle stress.