Wednesday, 4 March 2009

Partners in Crime

On Monday I took Alfie and Murphy for a walk around my favourite lake. It was about half 4 so there was no one there really except a guy on his own with no dog, stalking me! I got really freaked out because I stopped twice to look at the lake whilst the dogs were sniffing etc and both times the guy stopped too and acted like he was looking at the lake too. Maybe he was, and I'm just a paranoid freak! He did have a quite large backpack on which freaked me out even more as I had an image of him having all these torture tools in there! Anyway I kept looking around at him, he was a few metres behind me and I was deciding what to do if he came after me. I don't even know if I can run, I have not ran since I was at school and even then I was the slowest runner ever, and this was when I had a decent enough lung function! Anyway eventually he turned around and went back towards the car park, phew! However I was kind of scared for the rest of the walk after this happened!

Because no dogs were around Alfie was allowed off his lead the whole time which was good as two dogs on leads can end up with you been tied up by them! A guy jogged past and Alfie for some reason decided to run along with him for about 5 minutes, completely out of my sight so I started panicking, but he then ran back only to see a couple with a dog and tried to start a fight with the dog. He was bouncing around this dog, growling and this dog just stood there it was so funny. Alfie didn't bite the dog or anything, he then got bored and strutted away with his tail held high. He is hilarious sometimes! Murphy did try to join in with the jumping around the dog, but he was on his lead so I just pulled him away.


I started my IV's today, oh joy! I went to my usual secret parking space and there was a van parked infront of it. So I waited 10 minutes and the guy came out and he was talking to the traffic/security guy who seemed unaware he was totally blocking in a disabled bay. The van moved and I went to go into the space and this security guy stood in the space so I moved my arm as if the say 'get out of the way!' which he did eventually and then I hadn't even turned my engine off and he wanted me to open my door. So I put my window down and he asked me if I had a disabled sticker, I was pretty annoyed by this point because he seemed perfectly happy to let the van block the space, then he had stood in my way and then he hadn't even given me chance to get my sticker out! So I said 'give me chance to get it out please', and he said 'oh we don't give you much time' and laughed. Well I was not amused, he gave the van man plenty of time to do his delivery! So I shoved both my disabled stickers in his face (I have 2 as I have just received my new one but my old one is still in date) and said quite rudely 'this enough for you?!', he said it was fine and left me alone, good job as well! I don't mind them checking, they should do it more often really, but don't treat me one way and then someone else another way!

My Fev1 is still 39%, my weight is 57.4kg. I'm going on antibiotics colomycin and Meropenem. They couldn't do my hearing test today as the equipment is locked in a room and the woman whose room it is, was not in today... So they are going to do it when I finish my IV's. I have a green butterfly needle in my port this time to see if it's the normal gripper needles that I am allergic to. The needle sticks out abit so the green plastic isn't resting on my skin which is good as it shouldn't rub me but bad because it's easier to knock if it's not close the the arm, its only sticking out abit though. I'll be careful with it as I have no padding either as I have no gauze to see if that's I might be allergic to. I decided to go for dermafilm dressing as the nurse said this is what most people use if they are allergic to tagaderm. We will see how it goes!




I'm doggie sitting Murphy again today. They constantly fight over things such as the pigs ear (yes I know its gross but they like to chew it!) and try to get one over on each other, they are so competitive... and so funny to watch!! Here they are, partners in crime!

2 comments:

Kiz said...

Hehe pigs ears, my dog used to love them, kept her quiet for DAYS !

I loovveee Alfie, though ur not so bad urself obviously ;-)
I bet Ur Pete gets all smug when he see's other blokes complementing u lol, like *ha, thats MY fiancé* hehe.

Random, but whats Petes user name on Xbox Live? Always good to have more people in the UK on the list !

Gemma's mum said...

murphy must have 20 pigs ears around the house, some of them Alphies.

just keep well, n keep your chin up.

:-)