After my frightening experience walking the dogs the other day I had another one on Thursday! Two Jack Russell type dogs but alot bigger were off their leads and decided to bully Alfie and Murphy who were on their leads. As they approached Alfie growled at them like he does, but they decided to pick on Murphy. Poor Murphy was running away from them and making like screeching noises as these dogs growled at him and were jumping and head butting him, poor Murphy rolled on his back in an act of surrender. One of the dogs even bared its teeth and I pushed it away and shouted 'no!' at it and held onto Murphy. So then they decided to go for Alfie, Alfie tried to put up a fight but he also started making screeching noises, they were obviously both very scared as these dogs were about 10 times bigger than them. Eventually the owner grabbed one of them away and I pushed the other one away. I then had to untangle myself as I was trapped by the extendable leads as the dogs had run around me. I was quite shaken up myself to be honest. Both dogs seemed fine but very edgy for the rest of the walk, staying very close to me and backing away from other passing dogs. They are obviously both going to remember his experience and never be friendly with other dogs. I hope the owner has learnt her lesson and will keep her dogs on leads from now on!
On Friday I went to the gym and was surprised at how much difference the IV's have made already. I was alot less breathless and wheezy and hardly coughed, although I suspect this is something to do with the fact my mouth and lips are really, really dry from my IV's/voriconazole. When I left the gym I had a text from my friend saying 'are you in a world of your own?!'. I replied 'I have no idea what your on about but yes I am... have I ignored you or something?'. Apparently I drove straight past her and she was waving to me. It doesn't surprise me, I do walk around in a daze half of the time when I'm on my IV's or when I'm tired in general which is alot of the time. I don't know how I get from A to B sometimes. My vision is blurry quite alot at the moment (a side effect of voriconazole) and I seem to have lost my balance slightly (at the gym I had to hold on to the sides of the treadmill to not fall over!). I feel like I kind of am not in my body and am floating, it's very strange, so I'm not surprised I don't notice things happening around me!
Saturday night Pete and I went to see the Watchmen at the cinema, this illustrates I am feeling better (even though I feel like some drunk, floating, dry mouthed weirdo) as last Saturday we cancelled going to the cinema because I felt so unwell. The Watchmen is a very long film, it all comes together at the end, just a shame it takes about 2 hours to get there.... I was bored after an hour.
At the weekend it was Pete's nephews 1st birthday so we went to his birthday party. There was a buffet and all Pete's family were there. We took Alfie and he was quite naughty at times but OK overall. We have to keep him on his lead as he doesn't like the baby but the baby likes him so we just keep them apart. Alfie growls at the baby if he gets too close, its not the best situation to be in. My idea is that if he meets him alot then eventually he may learn to like him (works with everyone else) and obviously as the baby gets older we can get him to give Alfie treats and things but he's abit young at the moment. I had to do my IVs infront of everyone which was fun..... I do wonder if they look at me and just think 'couldn't Pete have got a healthy girlfriend?' I don't even know what they think of me as Pete doesn't really discuss my cf with them from what I've seen. I don't know if they think I'm really poorly or if they think it's nothing, I guess a happy medium would be nice. Maybe they don't care or maybe they want to ask me loads of stuff but don't want to upset me. I don't know atall, but I do know that people do not know about cf and they have no idea about how it affects the person, as people with cf look so normal and healthy and get on with it which can be a positive thing but also a negative. I might have seemed ok to an onlooker at the party but I was very tired and found it hard to concentrate and half of the time I feel like I'm putting on an act to get on with everything and have a good time.
I was so tired last night when we got home and now starting to feel abit run down, so going to take it easy today. Here's a video of Alfie playing with his toy for your entertainment
4 comments:
I see neither you or Alphy were intersted in the football!!!!!
Glad your feeling a bit better and Im sure the side effects of the vol........zole will subside like before xxxx
I rememeber when I was a kid I was terrified of JAck Russells, they were so loud and snarly, bet the chihuahuas were terrified! Good that the drugs are working so soon :-)
I get that feeling all the time at parties I zone out and miss half the conversations especially if the someone is going on and on and on and on :)
oh gosh I can completly zone out sometimes!.. and was even worse before my TX.. and know exactly what you mean about walking around as if drunk/dreamy.. It does subside.. I find putting on some good music and just going a bit crazy can help snap you out of it aswell as cheer you up and give you some 'fun excercise'
(I like how the word verification for this is 'wines' :D)
Post a Comment