On Saturday Pete and I were supposed to be going to the cinema to see the Young Victoria, instead we ended up dog sitting and watching The Departed on dvd. Why? Because both the stupid cinemas have decided they are only showing the Young Victoria on Mondays and Tuesdays and the other film we were willing to go see instead (Knowing) was on at either 7pm which was too early or 9.30pm which is too late, at both the cineworlds close to us. The 7pm was too early as I worked at my mums shop and so didn't get home till about 5pm and I needed to have a little rest, get a bath, have physio, do tea etc. Helping out at my mums shop is going to become a regular thing as I can manage a few hours, I'm allowed to do it and still get my incapacity benefit, I won't get bored just sitting at home and going out of my mind and of course my mummy is flexible and won't be like a proper boss :o)
So anyway I was annoyed about the cinema thing as I was really looking forward to it and I wanted to keep my mind busy with Louis passing away. It's not like I knew him really well or anything, but it's abit scary when someone you have spoken to suddenly dies, it reminds you how it can just happen, it's upsetting and you have no control over it and it's just heartbreaking to know a nice, young person has passed away. It could have been so different if he had got his transplant! So anyway I was miserable and fed up and I started crying for no reason and once I started I couldn't stop, I'm abit emotional at the moment, that time of the month and everything... Sometimes you just got to let it out! Pete asked me a few times what was wrong and I said I didn't know so then he just left it and stroked me because he knows I like it :o)
On Sunday we went to this warehouse place called JTF and we put the roof down on the car because it was sunny. However not sunny enough, I was freezing my arse off when we were on the motorway! We looked in the wedding bit for ideas and bought some stuff for Alfie, including a new box thing for him to sit in, in the car and a travel water bowl (70p, bargain!). We also bought a new mop incase your interested....
My cousin and friend came around in the evening to arrange the hen nights, remember I am having two! Booked travelodge for both of them, bargains!
I have been asked to do some training on cf at Scope where I volunteer, I feel quite proud I've been asked and appreciate the opportunity however.... I'm still thinking about whether I am brave enough to do it, as I'm abit of a wuss when it comes to speaking to a group of people! I don't know why, because when I was at uni I did it all the time for the law part of my degree, we had to moot, where you stand up and put your case forward for your client etc. Telling people about cf is way more scarier though! I've been thinking about what I could do and so far I have thought I could (not in this order):
-Get people to say what they think know about cf, more out of interest for me lol, but also to show it is an unseen disability and so people tend to know little about it
-Do a day in the life of me kind of thing with acapella to show etc
-Display the variations in cf (if you know one person with cf you don't know us all!) by showing different examples of people I know with cf (if you guys would let me obviously!)
-A picture of me with arrows showing all the ways cf can affect a person
-Explain the genetic side of cf
-Abit about transplant
-Go through problems/obstacles people with cf may have and how a mentor may be able to help them (afterall this is training for people who want to mentor others)
Speaking of Scope, I saw my mentee this morning and we had abit of beauty session. I did her hair, make up and nails, it was good fun! I don't really say much about my mentee or voluntary work as it is all confidential but I think I'm allowed to disclose we had a fun pampering morning. I never use my ghd's so it's nice to actually put them to some use!
Monday, 30 March 2009
A tiny bit emotional
Labels:
cinema,
death,
emotional,
hen night,
lung transplant,
mini,
voluntay work,
work
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
it made me cry also about the passing away of louis, so your not on your own about the suddeness of some with CF leaving us.
Great to hear your doing the talk at Scope, you will be fine once your started, its natural to be nervous.
keep up the good work :-) xxx
Your plan for the talk sounds great - will be interesting to see what people know already! Also, I don't know much about your voluntary work but its sounds really good - well done you for giving back a little!
Good luck with the talk, it sounds like your well prepped for it
Post a Comment