Wednesday, 25 March 2009

It's physio time!!

2 posts in one day ey? Anyone would think I don't have a life! But I have actually done quite alot today (well for me!). I have vacuumed up everywhere, dusted and cleaned the bathroom which is bloody hard work when your coughing and spluttering and out of breath! I gave it a good scrub as there was some mould and stuff so now its all lovely and clean. I was exhausted from doing it but I had agreed to go for a walk with my friend (and Alfie of course), so I did. It was very tiring and I got out of breath (I can tell my lungs are still not up to scratch!) but it was nice to have a chat. I was planning to go the gym but have sacked that off and instead I am doing this blog because I can sit on my bum whilst doing it. You know the saying 'so many things so little......energy!'. I've talked Pete into getting a takeaway for tea :o)
I called the hospital at lunchtime and they finally called me back and said I could start my tobi nebs, good job because I had already done my first dose!

I have been doing some videos of me doing my physio to educate you all and show you what I do(although I'm sure all the people with cf are familiar with these things!). Please excuse the lack of makeup and my messy hair, its before I got dressed for the day!

This is one of me patting and doing my pep mask, I tend to do this to get the lowers of my chest as I don't think the acapella gets the lower parts that good and it's were I tend to get chest pains. Alfie was clearly annoyed it was not a video of him for a change so got in on it anyway to steal the limelight!

This is me doing my acapella

This is me doing my nebuliser, the noise is me breathing out

8 comments:

Gemma's mum said...

Your so dedicated to do your treatment you should feel very proud and feel on top of the world. Keep up the good work xxx

Lizzie Swims said...

Why do you breathe in through your acapella? I breathe in through my nose then breathe out (more gently without pursing my cheeks) through the acapella. I also hold my breathe for three seconds after i breathe in, that's how it gets to the small airways. Just wondered if i was doing it wrong or if you were hehe.
Excellent for putting up a video though. :D How long do you do all that for, i should really do more physio than i do!
xxxx

Lizzie Swims said...

Incidently how do you put videos on your blog. I may do a reply to you (in terms of what i do with the acapella), but i'm probably too self conscious to be honest.
xxxx

Woody said...

It's Gemma and Alfie's physio boot-camp, run fot the hills!

This is making me feel really guilty for skipping physio, but I now know how that big white funnel thing in the Ineb is supposed to be used, so cheers! ;-)

Tinypoppet said...

I love how Alfie completely tried to take over that video.

I also think it's really good that you've put them up, and your mum is right; you should be proud at your dedication to your health. It is most definitely worth it :) x

Emma said...

Just shown my 3 year old with CF your videos
She really like them and recognized that you were doing patting like her.
She said has she got brosis like me?
Emma

Anonymous said...

Hi - thanks for the video of you using an I neb. I wanted to ask how much of the drug is left in the chamber after you have finished because when I neb practically all of the drug is left in the chamber. I'm sure this can't be right.

Thanks

Me said...

Hey thanks for your comment

When you use your ineb you will only use half of what's in your nebule as the Ineb is so good it doesn't make any waste. There should be no drug left in the bubble part at the end but when you put the lid on it will push some over the edge if the bubble is too big, that will be left as it's just excess. With hypertonic saline, Tobi and colomycin you should be doing two cycles to make sure you get the correct dose. prob best to go through it all with your physio if you are unsure! Hope that helps! Xx