Thursday, 31 July 2008

Decisions to make

Well I felt bad for my car so I took him to the hand car wash where some very nice gentlemen washed my car for me whilst I sat inside nice and comfy with Alfie who was petrified the whole time. My car is now lovely and clean, well it was until it rained this afternoon, its probably dirty again now.

Yesterday I found out I cannot claim incapacity benefit as I have not contributed enough NI, which is abit of a bummer. Ive been practically working part time or full time since I was 15 years old, even when I was doing my degree (apart from one year I took out) so don't see how its possible I have not contributed enough, but there you go. Anyway she has said I can apply for youth incapacity benefit but have to wait 6 months! Erm so I have to live on thin air until then.... I've applied for income support anyway but not sure if i'll get anything as Pete works full-time, he's an assistant town planner incase you were wondering what he does.

I got a call from the university today saying they have found me a work placement in Rotherham which is about 40 minutes away from where I live so quite far considering petrol and time it will take travelling. I still don't know if I want to go back to university, I dont know if it will make my health deteriorate with all the travelling, work load etc and if I can afford it. I'm not sure if I even want to be a teacher or could manage being one, I would like to do the course to give me something to focus on and see if I would like to be a teacher but its a waste of money if I don't become a teacher and if it makes my health worsen! Stupid cf getting in the way as usual, i'm just stuck with what to do. Plus now i'm worried if I do go to uni and my health worsens so that I definitely can't work I won't be able to get any incapacity benefit as I only qualify for this youth benefit because i'm under 25! Cf is a pain, you just don't know if you can manage things until you do them and you can feel great one day and rubbish another day. Im at a stage where I can still do some things but if I push myself too much my health will get worse like it did when I was working full-time. I feel so much better not working but feel abit useless and like I should be doing something but then I don't want to jeopardise my health. Its very tricky, very tricky indeed and also hard explaining this to people. I get sick of people asking me what i'm going to do with my degree and I know people think it was a waste of 4 years if I don't do anything with it even if they don't say it, but I didn't know what my health would be like in 4 years when I started university plus my health was great back then! Also I enjoyed univeristy and I love studying so would have still gone. I also know people think i'm lazy or whatever when I say i'm not working because of my health, because to look at me I appear fine, maybe I should walk with a limp from now on so people believe me...

ps- I did not mean to offend anyone who has a limp xx

1 comment:

Jo said...

I was refused incapacity benefint to on the grounds i didn't have enough NI credits dunno how they work that out it's silly. Income support you might be able to get though it's worth a try :)
As for the not pushing yourself thing i'm so with you on that one and i hate having to explain to people why i don't work it does my head in.