I found the hospital fine (our ward has recently moved to St James hospital rather than Seacroft) as this was my first time driving there by myself, and I also got parked right outside the entrance in one of the disabled spots, bonus! (I have a disabled badge before you start judging me!)
My lung function is up abit fev1 is 42% which is apparently normal for me, can't remember what my fvc was. To get your lung function you blow into a machine for as long as you can, it always makes me get headache and warm because it's hard work! I saw a new registrar doctor so she didn't really know much or say anything of use, I asked her about my results for my gluclose tolerance test I had last time, and she didnt understand the results and had to get a nurse to explain to her! Anyway they were normal which is good, means I don't have diabetes! The poor nurse was run off her her feet as she was the only one in today. My port bled back beautifully for my blood tests, thats good news!! Im not sure what they take the blood for, to test my immune system and things I think! The physio also takes a sputum sample everytime I go, so they can see what bugs I have growing in my lungs. Nice!
They want to see me in 4 weeks to see how i'm doing, I told them i still wasn't back to my normal self but this might be because of a) the iv's - the antibiotics make me tired anyway so once I stop them i might feel better b) i've been sat around for 3 weeks so need to build my stamina up again.
They didnt have my letter ready as promised confirming I have cf, to send off with my disabled student allowance application (for when I go to university in september). So they are going to send me it in the post.....lets hope! I also saw the social worker about benefits since I am from now on only going to work part-time due to my health, she gave me some information but it looks very confusing, so going to ring the job centre to get advice.
Now my needle is out I can have a good look at my new port, it looks good, doesn't stick out too much, still abit bruised. Heres a picture, you can see the port abit as there is abit of a lump and a red dot where the needle was
So anyway to Petes birthday! I got him a camcorder! He seems to like it but its abit hard to be enthusiastic at 7 in the morning when your in a rush to go to work! I made him a cake yesterday from scratch, it was hard work! heres a picture, the knives were to stop the top sliding off until the icing dried, I hope it tastes good!!
Yesterday I also cleaned the bathroom and made some pancakes for my lunch with the left over eggs from making the cake. So was quite a productive day overall! Petes mum, dad, two sisters and nephew are coming over tonight to go out for a meal, should be good. Think I might take Alfie for a walk this afternoon, he looks abit fed up bless him!
2 comments:
hiya gemma
your port looks very sore, is it? i cant remember what mine felt like as it was about 7 years ago. i was talking to one of the physio and they said about a port in your arm and that you cant lift anything heavy as your port could snap inside and thats very bad. not trying to scary you just didnt want you getting hurt :), to add me to your blog you have to click on the link edit bit on the right side of your blong (the edit is a pen) and then you can do it from there. hope that helps
x
Hiya, hope your feeling better in hospital, bet your missing your little boy, hes so gorgeous!
My port is still abit sore but not too bad, my other arm where my old one was hurts more! I have never had any problems with arm ports in regard to lifting things but I dont lift really heavy things anyway as i'm too weak! haha! When I had my previous one in my right arm if I reached up for something I could feel the line pulling in my armpit and it hurt but this one doesn't seem to do that.
I managed to figure out how to add your blog onto mine myself after looking into it abit more!
Post a Comment