Monday, 28 July 2008

Summertime!

Well, it has been so warm this weekend its been nice if not a little uncomfortable but I'm not complaining! If only I had a swimming pool I would be sorted! I have no salt tablets, the hospital are sending me a prescription for some but in the meantime I've been taking dehydration sachets so I don't feel ill. People with cf lose more salt when they sweat so we have to replace it else we feel ill, I tend to get lightheaded and have no energy. I think the heat has helped my chest though, my cough seems to have settled abit, when I did my physio yesterday I couldn't cough hardly anything up not even spit as my mouth was so dry! My i-neb has returned, oh how I missed the little guy!

On Friday I went for a walk with my friend and her niece who is nearly 2 years old, I was worried Alfie would not like her as he is abit unsure about kids (and strangers in general!). But he was really good, he kept looking at her and trying to sniff her feet so found her very interesting, the baby didn't really like Alfie so kept her distance but eventually she plucked up the courage to give him some treats with Alfie appreciated! We had some difficulty putting the pushchair down at the end and had to ring my friends sister haha!

I then went to the cinema with Pete in the evening to see Batman, Pete has been looking forward to seeing it for ages and I was pretty excited about seeing it too (and getting some more popcorn...). It was a good film, Heath Ledger played the Joker really well and Christian Bale is HOT!

Saturday I went to a house party! Wahoo! Got very drunk on sangria and a neighbour ended up shouting at me and my friend in a rather rude manner when I got back home for been too loud (I did not realise we were been too loud). It kind of put on a downer on the night as I don't like upsetting people and they already hate me cos of Alfie barking, I'm too scared to leave the flat now incase I see them.

Poor Alfie has not been coping well with this weather since he has a long fur coat, I had to give him a cold bath on Saturday, he just keep walking around and couldn't get comfy. Yesterday Pete and I took him for a walk and he just kept sitting in the shade! Chihuahuas are originally from Mexico, he should be able to cope with the heat!

So after my busy weekend i'm going to take it easy today. Bye! xx

1 comment:

Jo said...

oh i really wanna see the new batman film. aww poor alfie my dog is hating the weather aswell. But he's got his paddling pool to cool him down. I'm glad to hear you have your i-neb back no more rubbish old nebuliser that takes forever lol x