Friday, 23 January 2009

Halfway through my iv's!!

I'm going to attempt to tell you what i've been upto, but I may miss things out as my memory is abit funny at the moment because I'm tired!

So I've been eating alot and keeping saying 'I should go to the gym today' but then never actually done it!
I walked the dogs on Wednesday as I was doggie sitting, they got all muddy and i had to give them a bath. I was very tired and slept.

Yesterday I went to the cinema to see Bride Wars, nothing special. Are you surprised? I wasn't, but hey it passed the time. Did some more sleeping and had a big dirty takeaway curry for tea.

Today the cf nurse came to see me, Alfie escaped out of the bedroom when I went in there to get something, but nothing happened. She changed my port needle, it would appear I am now allergic to supasorb dressing as my arm was all red, lumpy and itchy. This is just great, I'm allergic to everything now apart from mepilex (which i'm not sure how to spell!), its for people with allergies and it costs quite alot, not that I care, well actually I do because it means the nurses don't carry it around with them and they don't give you loads to have as spares. Luckily I had one in my cupboard so I've now got that on, but I hate it, it comes off really easily and i don't have any spares!! I also had my blood taken from my arm for my tobramycin levels. My weight is 55.1kg, my sats are 96%. However the nurse says everyones sats have been low and she thinks it is broken, so we looked what her sats were. It said hers were 96% so I think she is right. I had a nice chat with her, her husband has cf so she is very familiar with it outside of the hospital situation and is more understanding about things.

So she went eventually and I went to the gym, at last! Obviously I'm abit nervous going to the gym when my port is accessed as everyone can see it and I'm scared they will stare. Anyway once I got there and accepted people were not staring (or trying not to, I saw a few) and i wasn't the freak show for the day, I started to play with their minds abit, like picking the dressing and twisting the line etc. In sick Gemma's world I get a good sense of satisfaction knowing I might have freaked someone out :o) My choice of music to workout to today was Lady GaGa's album, its great! I did kind of feel abit weird whilst exercising and nearly fell off the treadmill, but I didn't thank god! I'm going on the treadmill now for 16 minutes, wahoo I'll be in the Olympics at this rate! I've just had a bowl of cereal and now going to have a kip. Have you noticed a pattern to my days? I mainly eat and sleep!

By the way, I got my new prescription exemption certificate! That was quick! I did have to take it to the gp's to be signed (my pharmacy could not send it for me as I was advised) but I just gave it to the receptionist and didn't really have to speak to anyone about it. I can't remember if I've told you this already!

2 comments:

Jo said...

can you not ask for something called mefix? it's good stuff to cover ports and lines etc! i get given boxes of the stuff from when i had my picc line in. glad your eating well. and alfie attacking the nurse lol i'm sure she wasn't scared of him he's teeny tiny! :P

Bride wars wasn't all it was cracked upto be i was very dissapointed personally lol xx

Anonymous said...

Gem, was it one of the home laison (sp)nurses from ward 2 that came to you?

Shirley.