I officially hate IV's!! My body is so tired I can't even be bothered to move most of the time, my sputum tastes yacky, I feel slightly sick and my appetite has gone bye bye. I am still eating stuff for the sake of it but I am not getting any enjoyment from it, I'm scared if I eat stuff that I like whilst I feel like this then I will stop liking it. I did go out for tea on Friday to some Mexican place and I ate all that, I'm OK with some foods, it's hard to explain! All I know is I'm not eating as much as I usually do and I have no desire to even get up and get anything, this is very strange for me! Pete made me a salmon, pasta, cheesy dish last night and it was really nice but I only ate about half of it! What's wrong with me?!!!
I am also getting headaches, this means I don't want to cough so I have sputum bubbling in my chest and throat. I had to do my physio with my pep mask last night as I couldn't face using my acapella as it wobbles your head about, so I got Pete to pat me and used the pep mask. But I didn't manage to do a whole session as my headache which wasn't too bad at the start just got worse and worse and I started crying because it hurt so much to cough. I think I'm going to take pain killers regularly to try stop it getting so bad again.
Making the meropenem up isn't too bad, I've got it to a fine art now and it's only taking me about 15 minutes to make it all up and administer them, which is quicker than when you have them in the ready made eclipses.
The nurse from Calea (Calea are the company that make up my drugs and deliver them) came to see me on Friday to do my tob levels, she comes to your house which makes life so much easier! When you are on tobramycin you have to have your blood levels checked after your first dose as if the dose it too high it can make you have hearing problems (I think). They can't take the levels from your port needle as there could be bits of tobramycin still in the line and then the readings would be wrong so they have to take blood out of your normal veins. I have one special vein for this that hardly ever lets me down and the Calea nurse is really good at taking blood.
My voriconazole ran out on Wednesday night and that's my 3 months up, I can't have it constantly because of the side effects and also I think because it's too expensive, although they don't say this to me! Hopefully my aspergillus and sceposporium (fungus' on my lungs) will behave themselves for a while now the voriconazole has kicked them into place!
I'm going to the cinema later hopefully, I think a big bag of popcorn is in order and I do not think I will have any problems eating it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
The first week of IV's are always the worst, they definetly make you feel worse before you feel better but that just shows they are working!!
I get what you mean about eating food you like incase your put off it, I was on IV's once and my dad brought me in some Irn Bru. The drugs made it taste funny and I couldn't drink it for a few months after that!!!
Enjoy the cinema!!
I'm sure you will fond of again, you always do xxx
I always lose my appitite on Mero and my taste buds always go messed up and cant taste my food properly ;-(
Post a Comment