Wednesday, 7 January 2009

Meh

I'm starting to wish I had agreed to go on my iv's this week, my lungs are killing me. I just don't think I'm going to go outside today because the cold hurts too much. I'm tired too and achy, yesterday I also had something wrong with my gut and lets just say I bonded with the toilet alot. I got woken up this morning by the stupid washing machine in the flat above, this is why living in a flat sucks. I know it wasn't early or anything (10am) and they have a right to do their washing, I'm not saying atall that it is their fault, but that doesn't stop it pissing me off!! It's nearly 12 and all I have done is my physio and had some crumpets and hot chocolate, I thought some food might make me abit more energetic but it has not worked. You could say I am feeling sorry for myself and I guess I am, I really want to go out on Saturday. I have made it clear I am not doing much walking and so we have to go to bars close to each other, but what about getting taxi's and stuff? I will wear a coat and gloves etc, I always do but when it's this cold it doesn't really do much. I'm just annoyed at the moment I guess, the flat needs cleaning and I need to do some washing and I can't face doing it. Argh!!! Stupid cf getting in my way, I wanna get my hair done (just cos you don't feel well doesn't mean you should let your looks go, you will feel even worse then!) but I will have to go in first thing tomorrow morning which means getting up early, I shouldn't moan, after all I get it done for free!!

So yes I'm down in the dumps, I wish I could just put up with stuff and not moan cos I feel like I moan all the time and it doesn't help anything! I'm sick of people saying I look hungover, do i care what you think! And no I have not got the flu thing that is going around. Mind your own business!

Just to make matters worse I have realised my prescription exemption certificate thingy runs out at the end on January and so I need to get that sorted and so need to get a form and I guess try to get my GP to sign it. I'm tempted to just pay the £100 a year for my prescriptions rather than having to go to my GP'S to try to get them for free. People with cf do not qualify for free prescriptions automatically, we can if we have diabetes (which I don't) or if we have a permanent fistula requiring dressing as these are some of the criteria. So I will try get around this because I have a port although techinically it doesn't require dressing ALL the time. If your on income support you get them for free too but I don't qualify for that either cos Pete earns too much money.

Just thought i'd add this on, read it in the paper yesterday and it made me smile
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Devoted-Dog-Owner-Marc-Greenhalgh-Saves-His-Pet-Jarvis-From-Frozen-Lake-In-Manchester/Article/200901115198087?lpos=UK_News_News_Your_Way_Region_6&lid=NewsYourWay_ARTICLE_15198087_Devoted_Dog_Owner_Marc_Greenhalgh_Saves_His_Pet_Jarvis_From_Frozen_Lake_In_Manchester

5 comments:

Gemma's mum said...

I know your down in the dumps and it is the time of year for that, the weather will warm up soon and you will feel better, so pull yourself together girl you've been through worse, thinking about you. xxx

Tori said...

Snap out of it girly!!!

The house work and stuff can wait, have a rest today and get up to have your hair done tomorrow because that's far more important! You will have fun on your night out and getting taxi's will be fine. Next week you will start your IV's, begin feeling better and the world will look more rosey! :)

Anonymous said...

Just enjoy yourself everything else will wait.

Woody said...

you know, it sounds like you have that flu-thing thats been going round ;-) Seriously, go out and have a blast and then concentrate on the IVs/gym next week.

Jo said...

awww Gemma it sucks that your down in the dumps :(

And girl you hardly moan what you talking bout lol i moan more lol.

Just take today and just chillout and relax have a nice hot bath and put the washing and tidying on hold it won't hurt. And take it easy on your night out.

xx