Sunday, 11 January 2009

Last night of freedom!

So I went out last night and it was great! It was one of the best nights i have had in ages, we only went to one bar (Tiger Tiger) because we had vouchers to get 50% off a round of drinks EACH! For one round of 4 drinks it worked out at £7 a round, bargain! Binge drinking heaven! We stayed there all night so there was no walking involved as the taxi dropped us off and picked us up right outside, which was brilliant. However there were 7 of us and we had ordered a 7 seater taxi and when it turned up it only held 6 people, so we gave the taxi driver a grilling telling him he was breaking the law as we didn't all have seatbelts and we negotiated a lower price :o) So the taxi there and back was only £6 each, I think I spent less than £20 last night!

We had so much fun, we were taking so many photos of ourselves posing and stuff it was hilarious if not a little vain... You know those groups of girls/guys that are all dressed up and good looking and know they are good looking and you think to yourself 'I bet they are shallow' as you see them dance along to Britney Spears and they really annoy you? Well that's us.... This was proven when my friend looked at a picture she has taken and then said really loud, 'we are all so pretty, I'm glad we don't have any ugly friends'!! If I was an onlooker I think I'd hate us too. I hate those type of people......! hehe

We had to put some young girls in their place later on in the evening, they were clearly younger than us (meh! I'm getting old now!) and had terrible, terrible hair extensions and they came and sat on our table! How dare they! So my friend went up and told them that this was out table and could they not see all our bags and coats, anyway they moved begrudgingly. Got to respect your elders! Then about an hour later they got kicked out because one of the girls was sick all over the floor, I dunno the youth of today......!

One of my friends found it extremely funny when we were taking loads of stupid photos and I was laughing so started coughing my guts up. She reported to everyone else that the photos were so funny that I was coughing, which then made me laugh even more because that is seriously how people know that I'm properly laughing!

Here's some photos from the many taken last night....!



And below is the morning after!!

Today Pete and I had to go to a meeting at the church with other couples that are getting married this year. It was OK, we just talked about how we can make our relationship grow and what is important and how things will change when we get married. I knew one of the couples, I went to school with the guy. I must be getting to that stage in my life when everyone is getting married! Argh I'm becoming an adult! The worst bit was at the start we had to introduce out partner and say why we want to marry them and I had to go first! i'm not a soppy person so did not feel comfortable with this! Anyway I said 'this is Pete and I want to marry him because I love him and want to spend all my life with him', aw, pass me a bucket....



5 comments:

Jo said...

Glad you had a good night hun. you looked stunning in that black dress. Lol i can't stand girls with really tatty extensions don't get me wrong extensions are ok as long as they don't look like there fake lol.

aww how sweet what you said about pete. how soppy lol xxxx

Woody said...

Looks like you had a great time. I like Tiger Tiger in Manchester, although the last time we were in we were thrown out of a Karoeke booth, how was I supposed to know you had to book?

Heh, we did the whole "talk" with the priest before our catholic wedding, very embaressing ;-)

Gemma's mum said...

Glad you had a good time, and good on you negotiating the taxi, glad to see you have most of my attributes!!! LOL

The dress looked lovely.

Vicar - hope you both learn and take heed XXX

Anonymous said...

Hi Gemma, I hope you don't mind me having a nosey at your blog! Just wanted to say you did look fab for your night out so have every right to be in the annoying bunch of pretty ladies. When I'm pissed I could be in girls aloud (in my head anyway) Hope the old IVs go ok on Thurs.

Anonymous said...

Good to see you having a great time, shame about the morning after picture!!