skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Manky arm
So I woke up this morning and all the dressing had peeled off the top (again) and my arm was kind of wet and moist because my skin is weeping. So I decided to remove all my dressing and basically my arm looks gross, its all crusty from the weeping, its red and there are lumps and kind of ulcer looking things. I gave it a clean with some saline and bandages (I have no swab things left!), I assume bandages are sterile? I cleaned it with a steret and then poured some more saline on. Then I left it uncovered for about an hour to get some air and so it dried completely before putting some more dressing on. the dressing on now is called cosmopore, its white and kind of furry, its not waterproof which sucks but it might let my skin breath abit. I think I'm allergic to either a) the dressings b) the swab things you put over the needle to give it some padding c) sterets as that's what I used on my arm to clean it when i changed my dressing last week, and things went downhill from there. This has happened before when I had my second port in nearly the same place as this one. They did a dye test, this is where they inject dye into the port and can see on a screen where the dye goes in my body, the test showed the fluids been put into my port were leaking out of my port back into my skin so I had to have my port replaced. I also figured out I was allergic to emla cream (cream to numb the skin for when you have needles) so don't have it anymore. So anyway, I'm scared I'm going to need another new port! I only had it put in in June and the one before that only lasted a year! So anyway I'm not calling the hospital because its flushing fine. When I finish my iv's on Thursday I'm going to ask to be referred for some skin tests to see what I'm actually allergic to, they did refer me before but I never ended up having it done because I thought I'd cracked it when I figured out I was allergic to emla cream.Here's a picture of my arm this morning, its doesn't look that bad on the picture because my camera is rubbish, but you can see it's all lumpy, its the weeping you cant see!!.JPG)
You can see the dried up stuff from the weeping on my dressing, its green! gross!
To top it all off we had a power cut this morning for about 3 hours so I could wash my hair or get a bath as there are no windows in our bathroom so its pitch black and I couldn't use my hairdryer! It's back though now, so I shall finally be able to get washed! Yeay!
2 comments:
Gemma babes that looks really sore!!! ouch! I think you definetly need the allergy skin tests!
glad your going to ask about the allergy test, about time.
Darling it lookes very sore.
Post a Comment