Monday, 26 January 2009

Love the forgotten girl

Do you ever feel like no-one has a real care about you? They say they do but do noting to show it. They all go about their busy lives and don't fit you into it any longer, it's like I have to make the effort all the time. I'm sorry, I'm tired and I don't have the energy so what happens, I just end up forgotten about. The person who is the glue becomes the invisible one. Maybe I should go do my IV's in hospital and then people might make the effort to come and see me or make contact with me. Just a thought.
It's a good job I have Pete, because if you don't ever see anyone, do you even exist? Although Alfie can see me so I guess I'm here....

Love from the forgotten girl :o) xx

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah baby I know exactly how u feel, but u dont want Iv's in hosp its not nice and you'll be finished soon.
How are you feeling anyway -better??

Your normally so positive and up doing things come on Gem!

Tori said...

Hey my love!! I get this feeling a lot! Sometimes I can go a couple of weeks and only see the people I work with and my parents. It's not a nice feeling but give it a couple of weeks and you'll be invited to loads of things, then you'll wish you had some time to yourself. Sometimes people are just too concerned with their own problems to even think about other people but I think because we have so much time on our hands that we have nothing else to do but make the effort. Things will look brighter when your anrm gets better and you finish IV's

p.s. young one isn't slow just young and was probably a bit drunk! I'm picky remember slow isn't one of the things I look for ;) xx

Jac said...

I know this feeling - although being in hospital didn't seem to help. When people get used to you being ill so much they stop thinking to visit or to send a card. It's almost like when we are ill it doesn't count! I am sure it's more to do with people being so wrapped up in their own lives though..and I am guilty of this too at times, so can't really comment!

Jac x

Anonymous said...

dear gemma, never think you are not loved and nobody cares. I love you to bits, and I am sure you know that. January is a horrible month , dark cold and gloomy,it makes everybody feel sad. I feel nobody cares about me when I am stuck at home by myself,but spring is around the corner and then it wont be long before you are in the run up to your wedding.Keep your chin up, love Nana Pat.

Gemma's mum said...

;-( whats this all about, not loved and forgotten, I dont think so, we all love you to bits, just don't really know how to help. Snap out of it!!! your on the home run and youve got your birthday to look forward to and spring is around the corner xxxx

Anonymous said...

Gemma,
Everybody cares about you and not alone at all.
You’re down because of the drugs; look forward to, your wedding, birthday and hen parties.
Come on pull yourself up and go for it.

Mc Clarey said...

Awww I hate feeling like this, I think most pwcf feel like this at some point in their lives, it can be so isolating especially when your on ivs.

I remember in my last year of uni I was on laods of ivs all the time and my housemates would all go out most nights and I was left in the house on my own, I felt like I didn't matter and that I was only 'fun' if I was up to drinking and dancing!

I think because with cf we try and carry on like 'normal' people forget that there are times we feel utterly crap, just because it happens a lot doesn't mean we get used to it.

I hope you are feeling happier now, you can start planning your beautiful wedding :)

x